Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ktorrent slow my internet connection?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Ktorrent slow my internet connection?

When I use Ktorrent to download something, my internet connection become very slow (Firefox takes 5 minutes instead of 3 seconds to load this page ) It always happen whenever down/up speed is 2KB/s or 100KB/s. Please help me, this is very annoying.
    Thanks.

Re: Is Ktorrent slow my internet connection?

Does it happen on other bittorrent clients as well, or only KTorrent?

Comment

Are you seeding as well? Could be that upstream is taking up all your bandwidth in which case you ought to limit it...

All depends on your settings.
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Something else - - who is your ISP. Some of the big ISP's are known to throttle down any bit torrents

Comment

@molloollom:
          I haven't try other bittorrent clients on Kubuntu. On Windows, I use utorrent and it doesn't happen.
          I will try Azureus or BitTornado.

@toad:
          It still happen even when I seed nothing!

@yulester:
          I don't think my ISP would throttle down bittorrents, It isn't in the contract.

Comment

If you did want to test your isp to see if they're throttling your connection upon detection of any BT protocols being used, you can use this link. The applet sends data back and forth using bt and checks to see if the connection slows down while the transfer takes place. Could be useful.
            http://broadband.mpi-sws.mpg.de/transparency/bttest.php

Comment

Working...
            X