X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xserver-xorg

Hi All,

New to Kubuntu, been using Ubuntu for a couple of years (but at a very basic level).

I am having trouble configuring xorg.conf. I have an ati internal video card and a flat panel monitor and although both seem to be detected properly, they are never (from dapper on). In the past I have run sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg to correct the problems. After installing Kubuntu my video card seems to have been detected properly, however, I don't think my monitor has (screen go blank at times) and therefore I need to enter the correct Hscan and Vscan numbers (has worked in the past). I tried running sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg but this only lets me configure my keyboard.

Any help would be appreciated, although please keep in mind that my knowledge of Linux is minimal.

Thanks.

Re: xserver-xorg

Assuming you are running Hardy Heron (8.04) here is what you want to do:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install envyng-core
    This will install the EnvyNG script installer for ATI and Nvidia cards. It will put a GUI icon in your KMenu>System menu. However, when you have no X server, icons are not very helpful. :P

So run it in text mode at the console with
    Code:
    sudo envyng -t
    Follow the instructions on the menu. Maybe you want to begin with "Remove the driver" and then when that is done, choose "Install the ATI driver" to install it.

Comment

Working...
    X