This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selective sound issues

Hi, I am new to KDE. I just moved over to 4.1 from GNOME and am loving it so far.

I have a problem though. I am not getting any sound from native applications like KsCD, Juk, or Amarok 2 (beta 1). I am able to get sound perfectly if I use VLC or Firefox. I thought it may be a GStreamer/Xine issue but everything looks alright there. I looked through Adept for anything that may help and installed a couple things but no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Selective sound issues

Navigate -> K menu -> System Settings -> Sounds. You can set the device preferences there. I make sure my output device is the preferred sound chip set. Also, I believe that xine is the preferred backend.
    - kubuntu 11.10 | linux User #231826 | kubuntu user #23718<br />- x58/ich10r | i7-950 | 3@2GB 1600 3x channel | geforce gt240 1GB [19&quot; 16:10, 19&quot; 4:3] | 120GB ssd / 500GB / 1TB / dvd+-rw [sata ahci] | 600W wrapped in aluminum

Comment

Thanks for responding.
      I already looked at those though and tried out every configuration I could think of with them but still have the same problem. It isn't a major issue though and as far as I can tell from my googling I am the only one with it.
      Thanks again.

Comment

I went to the Amarok website and read a bit and saw that they recomend deleting collection.db in Amarok's settings folder. I did that and now it works great.
        The other players I have not idea, but the sound now works on them too. Strange, but in a good way.

Comment

Working...
        X