This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sources.list versus adept third-party software

In adept, when I choose Manage Repositories and then Third-Party Software, I get a list of software sources. But this list has no obvious relation to the ones in /etc/apt/sources.list, even though I would have expected them to be the same. How do the two lists really relate? Is there a way to bring them into agreement?

Re: sources.list versus adept third-party software

Look in the directory /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and see if there is a source.list file in there that matches what you see in Adept.

Comment

sources.list.d has only winehq.list

There are three entries in Third-Party Software:
      Code:
      [url]http://packages.medibuntu.org/hardy[/url] free non-free
      WineHQ - Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron"
      WineHQ - Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" (Source Code)
      sources.list.d contains only winehq.list. The medibuntu.org entry appears in sources.list, along with many others that don't show up in Third-Party Software.

I also observed that if I use the "Add" feature of Third-Party Software, the entry I add shows up in sources.list but not! in the Third-Party Software list.

All very puzzling.

Comment

Re: sources.list versus adept third-party software

I have a question, and a suggestion.

1. Did you ever use Automatix? If so, that would explain a screwed up sources list.

2. Try changing the winehq.list filename to winehq.list.bak, and then copy the sources.list file into the sources.list.d directory, and restart your system, and see how things look in Adept and how it acts when you add or delete a source.

Comment

Working...
        X