This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Switcher?

I am running Hardy and KDE 3.5 on this desktop. I run this PC as a dual boot system with WinXP. I have some legitimate reasons for doing so but it also affords me an opportunity to compare the functionality of both systems. I find I have almost all functionality and more in Kubuntu as compared to WinXP. One fairly simple function that I have not found in Kubuntu that I have in Windows is a simple audio switcher. By that I mean the ability to simply switch, on the fly, from my speakers to my headset, a Logitech USB set. I have been able to switch Amorak by tinkering with the hardware settings. I have Skype working with the headset. That one was easy as it just worked as soon as I installed Skype. That gave me the clues to get Amorak working. But, is there no way to switch all of the system audo from speakers to headset and back on the fly?

Re: Audio Switcher?

I don't know for sure, but I'd start by trying alsamixergui.

For recording, I use audacity, but I have not tried the maneuver that you are describing - it might work, but audacity isn't really a "player", although it does of course play back any track. I do know that you can't have anything else running that uses the sound system if you want to run audacity.

Comment

Re: Audio Switcher?

Thanks. I'll follow your suggestion. Yes, I like Audacity also. Have it as a carryover from my toolkit on Windows.

Comment

Working...
      X