This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printed pages are twice the original size [Solved]

Hi I'm pretty new to Kubuntu and Linux in general and most things are great but I have noticed a huge annoyance.

The problem is that when I print anything from any application the size is twice the size of the original. A A4 page is printed as a A3 but only in the vertical direction. In the horizontal direction the printer prints to the edge on the paper but only half of the original page. The problem is kind of hard to describe. The strange thing is when I post a test page the page prints perfectly.

This is a problem that started since I installed Hardy. Before when I had Gutsy the printing worked perfectly.

Probably some setting but I would be grateful if someone could help me because this is definitely a petty annoyance in a otherwise great experience.

Re: Printed pages are twice the original size

My printer is a HP PSC 2175 if that info is needed. I think the problem is software related since the test page is printed perfectly but what do I know.

Hopefully some one will be able to help me with this issue.

Comment

Re: Printed pages are twice the original size [Solved]

I changed the driver to one from http://www.openprinting.org/ and everything works again. It seems like the original install uses the same driver for my printer as for 2150. The original driver does not work.

Comment

Re: Printed pages are twice the original size [Solved]

Got to love a member who posts, searches, and finds the solution to their own problem. Good job!
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X