This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo or Firefox or What?

This just started today. Using my personal Yahoo! page, whenever I access a news article, I get a popup message that says: "We were unable to save your preferecens (sic). Please try again." This also happens if I refresh the news article page. I am using Firefox 3.0.1 in Kubuntu Hardy Heron. Oddly, though, if I use konqueror, I don't get this popup message. The top of the message in Firefox starts as follows: the page at http:://news.yahoo.com says:" ... and then the unable to save your preferences is below that title. You have to dismiss this message each time with each article that you read.

I have emailed Yahoo! support, but am still waiting for an answer. I've googled this as well, but there doesn't seem to be an answer yet. People using IE and Windows are also getting this message.

Any ideas as to what's causing this?
    ~George
    Linux — leaping tall "Bill-dings" in a single bound!
    Linux user #347469

Re: Yahoo or Firefox or What?

The odd messages have now stopped. Hopefully, I will get a reply from Yahoo as to what caused this. Doesn't appear to be a kubuntu or firefox issue, although the problem never surfaced in konqueror.
    ~George
    Linux — leaping tall "Bill-dings" in a single bound!
    Linux user #347469

Comment

Working...
    X