This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE3 Look/Colour in KDE4.1?

I've been trying out KDE 4.1 since it was released as my primary desktop but I have just gone back to KDE 3.5.9 - but not because of lack of functionality, I think 4.1 is pretty much there, I'm even missing the much maligned 4.1 menu!

What kept bugging me was the look of it. Its hard to quantify but to me all the 4.1 themes are unfocused and washed out. I find it very hard to read text and identify the borders and clickable areas on windows. Everything felt vague and logical areas were hard to identify.

Now I'm back in 3.5.9 and it's a relief - everything feels crisp and clear, borders on all the screen elements standout. Its easy to find things on screen. This is particularly noticeable in Kontact, the 4.1 Kontact actually induced feelings of anxiety while 3.5.9 just felt comfortable browsing through the large amounts of mail I get.

I tried fiddling with the colours and themes in 4.1 but failed to achieve a satisfactory result, probably because I am not a graphic designer and have no eye for these things - I can see when it doesn't feel right but am unsure how to correct it.

Does anyone else have these issues? suggestions on how to resolve it? I'd love to return to 4.1, it is the way of the future.
Working...
X