This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchpad on acid

I'm not sure if this is hardware or software, but I figured I'd start here. To make a long story short the memory on my Dell XPS M1530 went erratically bad, messing up my Kubuntu installation. I got the computer fixed, got Kubuntu up using the recovery stuff in at bootup. Everything looks okay Except the touchpad. It's either dead, hyper, slow, or on acid. The touchpad works fine in Vista (I dual boot). Oh, I'm using KDE 3.5.9.

Before I reinstall Kubuntu, is there anything else I should try?

wmrobins

Re: Touchpad on acid

Dell touchpads are notoriously flaky. Search Google for Dell touchpad problem and you'll find TONS of info on tons of different models of Dell laptops. I had a Latitude D800 series and it flaked out really badly just like you've described. At first the problem only affected me in Windows, then it eventually crept up in Linux too.

Many people have posted fixes that are hardware, software or both, but Dell has never officially done anything about any of them to the best of my knowledge. I just bought myself a better (non-Dell) laptop and let that thing sit and collect dust.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X