X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firefox and Konqueror Won't Load Some Web Pages

If the suggestion from Detonate didn't work, check
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+s...a6/+bug/104512

from your output of java -version, it looks like you have a 64 bit system.

So if the icedtea didn't work, it looks like you have to install the 32 bit version of Kubuntu.

Actually, I run the 32 bit version on a 64 bit system. It works well. I guess that if you have a lot ( > 4 gb) of memory, the 32 bit isn't ideal...

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
      Have you checked to make sure java and java script are enabled in the preferences under the "Content" tab in firefox?
      They are.

Comment

Originally posted by mjtolsma
        If the suggestion from Detonate didn't work, check
        https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+s...a6/+bug/104512

from your output of java -version, it looks like you have a 64 bit system.

So if the icedtea didn't work, it looks like you have to install the 32 bit version of Kubuntu.

Actually, I run the 32 bit version on a 64 bit system. It works well. I guess that if you have a lot ( > 4 gb) of memory, the 32 bit isn't ideal...
        Thanks for the information; I think this is likely the case for my system, since I do have Icedtea installed. The lack of full java support is more of a PTIA than a killer for me; so I think I'll wait until Sun or someone else gets around to fixing the problem. At least now I am pretty sure there is no use wasting more time on this. Cheers!

Comment

Not so sure it's a 64 bit problem. I had no problems with 64bit gutsy gibbons and earthlink.net web pages in either Konqueror or Firefox. Jave worked fine. Not sure yet about 8.04 64 bit as I haven't been able to get it online as of yet, but I,m gonna go out on a limb and say it's a KDE error/problem. I'm still at 3.5.9 KDE.

PS - - Vista/IE worked fine with Earthlink, and we hadn't installed the latest Java on it - - Then again, Earthlink is all about Vista/IE

Comment

The problems with java is one of the reasons why I moved from a 64 bit to a 32 bit system. There were other problems as well (notably the wifi drivers).

It seems that the 64 bit version is not quite as developed as the 32 bit version.

Comment

I'm 64 bit here...Nothing out of the ordinary yet.

Comment

""""I'm 64 bit here...Nothing out of the ordinary yet."""""

Moonrise - - you lucky dog. Ain't nothin working right yet. No modem, No wireless, no Internet.

Comment

I've had Dibl say something similar...but I did say yet!!

Comment

Working...
                  X