This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

systemsettings

I just installed Kubuntu 8.04 KDE 4 remix, and I have a small problem. WHERE IS EVERYTHING? I go into system settings and I can't set my drivers for my display adapter or monitor anymore. I can't find where I would disable or enable network adapters, configure dhcp or static IP etc. and where is administrator mode? I have to sudo systemsettings every time I want root access? also how to I change the appearance of my taskbar? I get 2 drop down boxes? location and size? what about color, background image, more adjustable resize(not just 2 choices) And why can't I click and drag items(widgets) to move them around on the taskbar? I have to remove them, then add them in the order that i want them left to right. Oh yea and KDE crashes every time I put my mouse over a task and it pops up the info about the item(really anoying).

Could I get a little help here?

Re: systemsettings

Upgrade to KDE 4.1.00.

8.04 remix was a 'preview' to KDE 4.1, but it lacks A LOT of functionality and is buggy as hell. You can upgrade to KDE 4.1.00 by following the instructions here.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

thanks, but now i have another problem, attempting to follow the instructions somehow lead to apt thinking that there are two package managers open all the time so i can no longer install packages I'm reformatting and this time starting from 8.04.1 and upgrade to kde4 via the instructions you gave me.

oh yea and i forgot to metion, no KMix in the remix version. I hate to compair linux to windows, but the 8.04 remix is like vista beta. cool features, and tons of bugs.

Comment

remix was never intended to be for 'production' systems. As stated, it provided a taste of what KDE 4.1 would be offering. Consider it to have been a demo only.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

i have KDE 4.1 and i can't configure dhcp or static IP,can u help me with that as well?

Comment

Working...
          X