This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autostarting an app (mediatomb)

Has anybody accomplished this? I've had nothing but problems accomplishing this on every distro I've tried it on and just end up starting it manually every time I start the computer.

If anybody has gotten it to consistently autostart and work once it's started I'd love to hear how you did it.

Re: Autostarting an app (mediatomb)

open synaptic (or other package manager) and look for kcontrol-autostart, install.

run kcontrol and you'll see the autostart option under kde Components. Just add what you need..
    Using:<br />Mint Kubuntu 7.10 (kde4 dual core 2.2ghz 4gb)<br />Freenas (nx6325 hp laptop)<br />Mint Gnome 7.10 (EEE Pc 4g white 1 gb ram)

Comment

One way in kde4 is to go to the .kde4 folder under your user home directory. There you should see an "Autostart" folder. You can create a link (shortcut) to any of your applications and it will launch at start up.

Comment

I've tried that before and it never starts up correctly when I link it in the autostart folder.

I think I've finally got it autostarting like it should though. I made a script in the autostart folder like this and it's finally working!

#!/bin/sh
        sleep 45
        mediatomb

I've tried making a similar script before without success, but I think I was using sleep 10 and I don't think that was enough time for my wireless interface to get up and running.

Comment

Try adding in cron your program

Comment

Working...
          X