This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]konqueror won't install due to kio-umountwrapper

I'm KDE 3 trying to install konqueror but it won't let me because of kio-umountwrapper, and the lack of konqueror is causing unmet dependencies which is causing apt-get to refuse to do ANYTHING useful, including installing unrelated things.
    Code:
    Unpacking konqueror (from .../konqueror_4%3a3.5.9-0ubuntu7.2_i386.deb) ...
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/konqueror_4%3a3.5.9-0ubuntu7.2_i386.deb (--unpack):
     trying to overwrite `/usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/media_safelyremove.desktop', which is also in package kio-umountwrapper
    dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     /var/cache/apt/archives/konqueror_4%3a3.5.9-0ubuntu7.2_i386.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    When I try to install or remove anything, it tells me
    Code:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     kmplayer-konq-plugins: Depends: konqueror but it is not going to be installed
     konq-plugins: Depends: konqueror (>= 4:3.5.8-1) but it is not going to be installed
     konqueror-nsplugins: Depends: konqueror but it is not going to be installed
     strigi-applet: Depends: konqueror but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
    I've tried the sudo apt-get -f install, and sudo apt-get -f install konqueror and sudo apt-get -f remove konq-plugins [etc.]

Is there any way of stopping kio-umountwrapper?

I just want to install gdebi...

Re: konqueror won't install due to kio-umountwrapper

Ok... I solved my own problem after poking around on the net a bit...

Here's the procedure that worked, just for future reference.

Log out and press Ctrl+Alt+F2 to get to command line
    Code:
    $ sudo mv /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/media_safelyremove.desktop /home/vicky/media_safelyremove.desktop-bak
    $ cd /var/lib/dpkg
    $ sudo mkdir info.backup
    $ sudo mv info/kio-umountwrapper* info.backup/
    $ sudo apt-get remove kmplayer-konq-plugins konq-plugins konqueror-nsplugins strigi-applet konqueror kubuntu-desktop
    $ sudo apt-get purge kio-umountwrapper
    $ sudo apt-get install konqueror
    $ sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
    I had to uninstall kubuntu-desktop itself to be able to fix this. I didn't purge it, so it kept all my config files and I was able to go back to KDE exactly the way it was but without the kio-umountwrapper/konqueror stupidity.

Thank you to http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=746512 for help on this.

Comment

Working...
    X