This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.1 Default panel (Solved)

I have accidentally deleted the default panel at the bottom of the desktop for my KDE 4.1. Can anyone tell me how to get it back?

Thanks
    Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Re: KDE 4.1 Default panel

type command rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma* and reboot

Comment

Re: KDE 4.1 Default panel

You do not need to delete anything. Just right click the desktop (i.e. on the background wallpaper) and select Add Panel

Move it wherever you want. You are done!

Comment

Re: KDE 4.1 Default panel (Solved)

Seemed a little drastic but "type command rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma* and reboot" worked. Right clicking and selecting new panel just gave me a blank panel rather than the default KDE "kicker".
        Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

Re: KDE 4.1 Default panel (Solved)

Originally posted by Marlin
          Seemed a little drastic but "type command rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma* and reboot" worked. Right clicking and selecting new panel just gave me a blank panel rather than the default KDE "kicker".
          Everybody should note that command as you need it with KDE 4, I just had to use it to get a panel with my KDE 4.1 official install which I did today.

Comment

Working...
          X