This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 8.04.1 : Zattoo 3.2.2.15122 does start

Yesterday, I reinstalled Kubuntu 8.04.1 from scratch on my computer and since then, the program zattoo version 3.2.2.15122 does not start anymore. Unfortunately, there are no entries in any kind of log files or on the command line. I had to install zattoo version 3.1.1.11916 in order to get the program up and running again under Kbuntu 8.04.1 Has anyone had the same problem with the newest zattoo version 3.2.2.15122 under Kubuntu 8.04.1 ?

Re: Kubuntu 8.04.1 : Zattoo 3.2.2.15122 does start

Are you running desktop efffects? (KDE 4 or compiz) this never worked for me in such a way.

Nevertheless, I had to revert to version 3.1.1 too, because (although I could log in and see the channel list) I could not see the actual channel broadcasting

(I had the same experience with zattoo 3.2.1)

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 8.04.1 : Zattoo 3.2.2.15122 does not start

No, I use neither KD4 nor compiz.

It is a simple 32bit Kubuntu 8.04.01 system with KDE 3.5.9 with no fancy hardware.

I have an old ATI graphic card which breaks partly Google earth.

Could the ATI graphic card also break Zattoo 3.2.2.15122 ?

Comment

I don't really know.

Zattoo changed the contents of their .deb package from 3.1.1 -> 3.2.X. Now, they do not ship with the ffmpeg libraries anymore. And rely on the packages for ubuntu.

Might be a problem of broken dependencies?

If you are knowledgeable with the command line, you could run

ldd /usr/bin/zattoo_player

in the command line, to see if all the dependencies are met. Perhaps, the issue is in the .deb package they create.

Did you try with their .tar.gz release?

Comment

It also happened to me...

Version 3.1.1.11916 worked ok.
          But, when upgrading to 3.2.2.15122, 'zattoo_player' stopped working.
          No error message at all neither at the command-line or its log file (...../logs/zattoo.debuglog)

I _solved_ the problem by installing 'dbus-x11' package on my system.
          You can either use Adept or Synaptic (graphical) or command-line apt-get:
          user@host:~$ sudo apt-get install dbus-x11

After this, zattoo is back...
          I think Zattoo's new package is missing such dependency, so it might work or not depending on 'dbus-x11' availability on each system.

I sent a message to Zattoo's support E-Mail explaining the problem.
          In case this solves your problem, you may also send Zattoo a message for them to fix.

Comment

Working...
          X