This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting view profiles in Konqueror to stick

I'm trying to configure Konqueror so that the default view is Info List View. I've banged on Save View Profile every way I can think of, but I still get the space-hogging Icon View. How can I get Info List to be the default?

I notice that the Save View Profile window lists several possibilities, including File Management, Simple Browsing, and Web Browser. I chose File Management since that's what showed up as the initial selection, and it's what I want anyway. But I can't find any information about which profile is used for a particular application of Konqueror. Does that information exist somewhere? How does a view profile get associated with a context?

Re: Getting view profiles in Konqueror to stick

In Konq, select Settings>"Configure Konqueror">"File Associations">inode>Directory>Embedding. Then move "Info list view" to the top of the list. Trivial, if you're familiar enough with Unix to know that "everything is a file" and all files are "inodes". Of course trivial is defined as hours of frustration before the penny drops.

Maybe they'll do this better in KDE4, but I doubt it.

Comment

Re: Getting view profiles in Konqueror to stick

Originally posted by pwabrahams
      I'm trying to configure Konqueror so that the default view is Info List View. I've banged on Save View Profile every way I can think of, but I still get the space-hogging Icon View. How can I get Info List to be the default?

I notice that the Save View Profile window lists several possibilities, including File Management, Simple Browsing, and Web Browser. I chose File Management since that's what showed up as the initial selection, and it's what I want anyway. But I can't find any information about which profile is used for a particular application of Konqueror. Does that information exist somewhere? How does a view profile get associated with a context?
      depends on how you start konqueror (as file manager or web browser?), however if you saved konqueror with list view to all profiles, then something else might be going on.

Comment

Working...
      X