X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] No Sound in Amarok

Hi,

I am a big fan of Amarok, but recently i lost all sound in Amarok. I'm not 100% sure but i think it happened after the Hardy update to 8.04.1.

Amarok always worked perfectly but now it looks like the sound is playing in the visualization, but i get no sound. It doesn't matter wheter i play mp3, ogg or flac.

KAffeine and other sound/video players (Kmplayer) work fine.

Can anybody help me? I posted this question on the Amarok forum but no reply so far...

Re: No Sound in Amarok

Given that Kaffeine and KMplayer work, then your underlying sound system is intact. I'm assuming that you have system sounds as well?

In Amorak, ensure that you don't have the sound 'muted.'
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Sound is definitely not muted...
      What else could i do?

should i reinstall?

I've already tried removing amarok using the add /removenew programs app, but amarok is also part of kede, so there is still a folder .kde/amarok.

When I delete that folder, will amarok still function when i install it again?

Comment

Hi!

You can safely remove ~/.kde/amarok. If you start amarok again it will be newly created. But is it really necessary?

If you run kde as your desktop environment then alsa should be your sound system.

Try the following in a terminal:

alsamixer

If you get an error message then you must install alsa-utils:

sudo apt-get install alsa-utils

If the mixer panel comes up you can use the M-key and the cursor keys for adjustments. When you're done:

sudo alsactl store

If that does not work, then reinstalling might work.

Good luck!

Comment

A very late thanks for the reply, but i fixed the problem by re-installing amarok.

Comment

Originally posted by nrikze
            A very late thanks for the reply, but i fixed the problem by re-installing amarok.
            After reinstalling Amarok, It did me absolutely No Good.
            I still had the same problem No Sound in Amarok but had it in System Sounds, Xine, etc.

Looked all over for Amarok being Muted couldn't find it.
            Being the Stubborn (Fill in the Blank) I am.

I started to fiddle with my sound adjustments in the System Tray, Right Click/Show Mixer Window/ Mixer/
            I noticed my PCM mixer was all the way down, I turned it all the way up.

And GUESS What? It worked....

I'm not telling anyone mine is the only way to fix it, But it is an option...

Hope this Helps Someone....
            I &quot;NEVER&quot; Discuss 3 things.<br />Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin.<br />Linus from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenches_Master
              ...I noticed my PCM mixer was all the way down, I turned it all the way up...
              This was my issue. Thanks for finding it! =)

Comment

Originally posted by Ateo
                Originally posted by Wenches_Master
                ...I noticed my PCM mixer was all the way down, I turned it all the way up...
                This was my issue. Thanks for finding it! =)
                Not a problem, that's what we are all here for, Is to help one another out.
                I &quot;NEVER&quot; Discuss 3 things.<br />Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin.<br />Linus from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                X