This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox 3 updates

I installed firefox3 from Adept Manager when firefox3 was in beta 5 stage. I installed all updates Adept threw at me after that. Now, Adept Updater is showing another update for firefox 3. If I install that, I end up with firefox 3.0.1-beta. I do not want any more beta versions. Is there any way to fix it? I checked Adept Manager and all I could find was firefox 2 which is old or firefox 3 which is 'upgradable' to 3.0.1-beta.

Re: firefox 3 updates

Downgrading > How to downgrade packages (forcing version)

Firefox 3.0.1 > Releases/Firefox 3.0.1

Release Tracking & Schedule

beta released July 9th
    released July 16th, 3pm PDT estimated
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

If I force a version, would that program be updated ever? I mean, if I force firefox version to 3.0, will it be updated when 3.0.1 is released? My guess is that it won't. Which brings me back to my original problem - I 'want' my computer to be up-to-date but I am just worried that installing 'beta' versions might bring up stability issues.

Comment

If I force a version, would that program be updated ever? I mean, if I force firefox version to 3.0, will it be updated when 3.0.1 is released?
        If you downgrade a package by forcing version:

- Adept notifier will tell you that there is a new version (nagging )
        - you could upgrade when ever you want.

There is a way to pin version > Pinning version

Then you can't upgrade until you remove the lock/pin file.

I 'want' my computer to be up-to-date but I am just worried that installing 'beta' versions might bring up stability issues.
        If Ubuntu is offering betas from the normal repositories, then the only option is to check what you are installing/upgrading (and it is wise to do so )

Well - i'm mostly using synaptic package manager > FAQ: Package Managers < and there: "Apply the following changes ? This is your last opportunity to look the list of marked changes before they are applied. Cancel - Apply" Other package managers also have option to simulate what will be occur.

apt-get example:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get upgrade -s
        man apt-get
        upgrade
        upgrade is used to install the newest versions of all packages currently installed on the system from the sources enumerated in /etc/apt/sources.list. Packages currently installed with new versions available are retrieved and upgraded; under no circumstances are currently installed packages removed, or packages not already installed retrieved and installed. New versions of currently installed packages that cannot be upgraded without changing the install status of another package will be left at their current version. An update must be performed first so that apt-get knows that new versions of packages are available.
        and
        -s, --simulate, --just-print, --dry-run, --recon, --no-act
        No action; perform a simulation of events that would occur but do not actually change the system.

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
        X