This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent documents

Maybe I'm blind, but is there a "Recent Documents" list feature somewhere on the K-menu or elsewhere in Kubuntu HH?
    ~George
    Linux — leaping tall "Bill-dings" in a single bound!
    Linux user #347469

Re: Recent documents

Open Office docs have it, for OO files. I don't recall seeing a "global" recent docs.

Comment

And in kde 3.5.9 right-click on (one of) your taskbar(s), select "add applet to panel" and double click on Recent Documents.
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

To actually add the Recent Documents to the K Menu:

Right-click on K Menu and then on Panel Menu > Configure Panel... > Menus
        Under Optional Menus just check the Recent Documents then the Apply and OK buttons. That's it.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Okay, who's got a shortcut for the command line
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I'm using Ctrl+K

K Menu > System Settings > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts > Command Shortcuts > System > Konsole > Custom

Press and hold the Ctrl key and the K key. Click on Apply. Press Ctrl+K and see your konsole pop-up on screen for your use. Cool.

Comment

I just right clicked on the Terminal Program menu item under System and added it to my task bar.

Comment

Adding the Konsole app to the panel isn't what toad was wanting. Following my posted steps, you can create a keyboard shortcut for practically any program.

Comment

I realize what he wanted. I was just offering an alternative.

Comment

Knowing alternative ways of doing something in Kubuntu is always a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                      To actually add the Recent Documents to the K Menu:

Right-click on K Menu and then on Panel Menu > Configure Panel... > Menus
                      Under Optional Menus just check the Recent Documents then the Apply and OK buttons. That's it.
                      That was quick and easy. Thanks, Snowhog.
                      ~George
                      Linux — leaping tall "Bill-dings" in a single bound!
                      Linux user #347469

Comment

Happy to assist.

"As I help others, so am I helped."

Comment

Sorry about my tongue in cheek comment - I thought that we had already gone through all the possibilities and was now asking for a way not to the command line (I use yakuake for that) but how to call up a list of recent documents on the command line.

However, you lot topped it by finding yet other ways to call up "recent documents" - well done

Comment

Working...
                          X