X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorola RAZR Z6

Hey guys, well...
    Continuing with a serie of questions, Ive found myself in the place of trying to access as massive storange an SD card (and the phone memory itself) that was inside a ROKRz6.
    Thing is it wasnt properly recognized, it was recognized at first glance as a camera, either way, access to yhe filesystem was prohibited.
    So I started checking dmesg and saw the devices were linked to sg2 and sg3, tried several things, included mstps but did not work at all..
    So, as a matter of doubt, I´m but to ask if someone has a clear tutorial for doing this over hardy, as several ones (including use file and trying to mount the units as vfat with loop didnt work, among other tries) didn´t work...
    Thanks in advice.

Re: Motorola RAZR Z6

Hello 'ZeuZ',

Using the Motorola phone as an SD card reader is a bit like trying to use your countertop mixer to make a glass of chocolate milk. It's a much more complex way of doing a simple thing.

I agree that it would seem to be simple, but the USB interface on Motorola phones is too busy doing many other pointless things like synchronizing calendars and downloading photos, not to mention charging the battery. I think it's just too far beyond being a simple USB port.

If my leads are correct, (RAZR or ROKR? You mention both of these.) it has a micro-SD slot inside the phone, yes?

My advice is to get either a micro-SD card reader device (USB) or just get a regular SD card reader and use the micro-SD adapter. In all, you probably won't spend more than US$20 on such accessories, but the end result will be about the same. (spending money, or spending the time to figure out the wretched thing)

Frankly, when it comes to swapping files with Motorola phones, I find the bluetooth connection more reliable than the mini-USB port. (ironic, ain't it?)

Best of luck,
    - Douglas
    [hr]<br />System#1: Kubuntu 9.04 AMD64 (KDE 4.2)<br />AMD Athlon64-2x 4600+, 4GB DDR2-PC6400<br />nVidia GeForce 7300 / 512MB<br />System#2: Kubuntu 9.04 (KDE 4.2)<br />AMD Sempron 3300+, 2GB DDR-PC3200<br />

Comment

Re: Motorola RAZR Z6

Sorry to say this, but it aint going to be that way :P
      Weird thing is I can mount it with Slackware 12 (tried this morning)
      And it can be done in Windows without any further driver, so did Slackware recognized it at first glance and poped it up as an extraible memory just as a pendrive whoulda been recognized.
      Also, sync in Motorola occurs on demand, not on connection.
      While connected, no apps can be standed at background, the most complex you can do is send an SMS/MMS (In ROKR Z6)
      Either way I was asking in #slackware in irc.freenode.net:6667 and I got to the conclusion that it's something colliding in the core or some patch coliding from *Ubuntu.
      I also tried it in an old ETCH installation, with mstpst it recognized it nicely (both in Gnome, and KDE 3.5)
      So, confirmed from my side that it's not an issue of the phone nor a difficulty task, as far as for my problem goes, I've solved it with ETCH, so by now this thread could be closed, though the question remains to see what is going wrong with this...

Comment

Working...
      X