This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu addtions to KDE Desktop ENviroment [SOLVED]

Hi, I´ve that some pals are complaining about too many replacements for the default KDE desktop tools like Klaptop or Kpowersave for the python written tool that seems to be not that resource conserving, this by no means is a critic, since everyone has different tastes, but this guys want them out, and checking around I couldn´t find them myself...

I ran about reading the full kdm script, checking ~/.kde/Autostart, checking Katapult in between other searches and found not much with that...
    Anyone could handle me the info on how to remove those apps being launched at startup?
    Before someone tells me: No, that ones are not in the initial scripts (a.k.a /etc/init.d ) Allready searched there just in case :P

Re: Kubuntu addtions to KDE Desktop ENviroment

Originally posted by ZeuZ
    I ran about reading the full kdm script, checking ~/.kde/Autostart, checking Katapult in between other searches and found not much with that...
    Anyone could handle me the info on how to remove those apps being launched at startup?
    Before someone tells me: No, that ones are not in the initial scripts (a.k.a /etc/init.d ) Allready searched there just in case :P
    Have you looked under KDE Control Center (kcontrol) --> KDE Components --> Service Manager? It lists all the KDE startup services and lets you turn on/off individual services.
    Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
    Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

Originally posted by daihard
      Originally posted by ZeuZ
      Have you looked under KDE Control Center (kcontrol) --> KDE Components --> Service Manager? It lists all the KDE startup services and lets you turn on/off individual services.

Checked there too, actually, that was my first glance...
      But, as this are not services but applications providing user land tools to control for example the processor scaling and such, I wonder theres no doubt they wouldn´t be there...
      Things like KDE-GUIDANCE (that, I would like to remove but dunno if there could be any harm) are started as services and are visible through sysv-rc-conf or just browsing /etc/init.d but not this tools...

Comment

There are for systemwide (to all users):

KDE 3.5
        /usr/share/autostart/

KDE 4.X
        /usr/lib/kde4/share/autostart/

Link > autostarting apps in kde4

There is also option to install leaner/faster (?) 'nbuntu with the KDE desktop:

kde core
        the K Desktop Environment core modules
        KDE (the K Desktop Environment) is a powerful Open Source graphical
        desktop environment for Unix workstations. It combines ease of use,
        contemporary functionality, and outstanding graphical design with the
        technological superiority of the Unix operating system.

This metapackage includes the core official modules released with KDE. This
        includes just the basic desktop (browser, file manager, text editor, control
        center, panel, etc.) and important libraries and data, in addition to the
        aRts soundserver.

Links:
        > My kde-core Adventures
        > Moving from Kubuntu to kde-core
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131
          There are for systemwide (to all users):

KDE 3.5
          /usr/share/autostart/

KDE 4.X
          /usr/lib/kde4/share/autostart/

Link > autostarting apps in kde4

There is also option to install leaner/faster (?) 'nbuntu with the KDE desktop:

kde core
          the K Desktop Environment core modules
          KDE (the K Desktop Environment) is a powerful Open Source graphical
          desktop environment for Unix workstations. It combines ease of use,
          contemporary functionality, and outstanding graphical design with the
          technological superiority of the Unix operating system.

This metapackage includes the core official modules released with KDE. This
          includes just the basic desktop (browser, file manager, text editor, control
          center, panel, etc.) and important libraries and data, in addition to the
          aRts soundserver.

Links:
          > My kde-core Adventures
          > Moving from Kubuntu to kde-core

MORE THAN LOVELY!!!
          Thanks!
          Now my case is resolved...
          Rog131 ++!!

Comment

Working...
          X