This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"open with gimp" will open a new instance of gimp oh gawd no

How do I fix this annoyance? I tried custom command "gimp-2.4 %U" but it's still opening image in new gimp. This used to work correctly in Gutsy.

Re: "open with gimp" will open a new instance of gimp oh gawd no

do u have all updates installed?
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

Re: "open with gimp" will open a new instance of gimp oh gawd no

This >"Making open with... Gimp" recognize existing gimps < suggests:
      Maybe is a configuration error. You can move your .gimp folders (.gimp-2.2) to some temporary place and start gimp to see if a default new configuration will give that behaviour again.
      With the Hardy ~/.gimp-2.4.
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: &quot;open with gimp&quot; will open a new instance of gimp oh gawd no

no change with moved $HOME/.gimp-2.4 folder and starting with fresh configuration. I found temporary workaround - add "gimp-remote" with command:
        Code:
        gimp-remote
        to .png file associations and select from the right-click sub-menu "open with gimp-remote" if gimp is already running, but this not reliable for selecting multiple .png files in one go, it randomly won't open all selected .png files in running gimp. Only reliable way this way is selecting .png files by one.

Comment

Another workaround that may work is to drag the files you want to open onto the gimp toolbox. That should open them in the current instance of gimp.

Comment

ok, scratch that. Gimp-remote is highly unreliable, even then selecting files by one, it randomly refuses to open requested file. "drag & drop" isn't "my thing" either, anything else left to try?

Comment

gimp no longer does funny things with new instances after installing krita-kde4

Comment

Working...
              X