This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debian menu

I can't get the Debian menu to work. This is what I've tried.
    installed it
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install menu
    update-menus
    after that logged out and back in but the menu was not there. I when to the menu editor and i saw the "Debian" folder there but nothing was under it. so i ran the update-menus again and rebooted the computer. after logging back in still didn't see the menu. It was still there in the menu editor still nothing under it so i deleted it and reinstalled menu ran the update again, and rebooted. but now even in the menu editor the Debian folder is not there.

what can i do?
    I'm running kubuntu 8.04 i386

Re: Debian menu

Rastaman is referring to is a package called "menu" not to the System Menu or the Kmenu. As I understand it, "menu" is designed to synchronize the program launch menus of KDE, Gnome, Xfce, and/or any other window-managers you might have installed. I do not believe that it generates a menu of it's own or even (since I had to do it myself), a section on your Kmenu called "Gnome apps", or something similar, with all your gnome applications It just ensures that your Gnome applications appear somewhere on your Kmenu (and vice-versa).

I vaguely recall that, at some point, I did have an empty section on my Kmenu that was called "Debian". I definitely recall collecting my Gnome applications from various random locations on my Kmenu, so I think that "menu" may be doing its thing for you already.

Comment

Working...
    X