This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Java plugin error in Firefox

This one's a bit oddball - my kids play a java-based online game that was recently updated, and now the applet won't run in Firefox. I'm getting the following error message:

"Error_loader_nocache - Unable to create cache directory"

The page suggests that I "create a new directory called c:/rscache or /rscache. If possible, set that directory to have full read+write permissions so that all users can write to it."

I created a directory called "rscache" in the root, and gave it rwx-rwx-rwx permissions, but the error persists.

Re: Java plugin error in Firefox

If the game was recently updated, the odds are that the cache from the previous edition still exists somewhere. I'd navigate to my Root Folder(/) in Konqueror and then run tools>find file "rscache". It will search your entire disk for a looong time, but if the file exists it will find it. (This should work in D3lphin as well, but I don't use it.) then I'd send an email message to the providers of the game. Tell them that your running the game under OS/DISTRO/BROWSER (e.g. Linux/Kubuntu 8.04/Firefox2or3beta)and that your rscache file at /home/davka// or /where-ever/ is not found by their latest edition. If they want your money, they'll help.

Comment

need alot of help, don't know where to go.

OK, you say this website is easy to deal with but where if the button to push to start my own new topic because i can't seem to find anything here that deals with my problem. Ive got a few problems and need some help.
      1 I am running KDE 8.4 (so everybody that has it that knows more then me can help me)
      2 i open FireFox, and go to youtube, i click In a video to watch it and a Gray arrow button shows up instead, i have to click on that gray arrow before i can watch the video, i would like to be able to have it auto play.
      3 when I'm done watching youtube i go to a basic flash game website (to give an example: funnygame.com) i click on the game i want to play and it shows the same gray arrow. i click on it and it will show the first flash animation that the game wants to show me: a loading bar. the loading bar will load to 100 % but then thats all there is to it. the game doesn't play. even sometimes it will bring up the main menu of the game but clicking on the buttons does nothing, it does not even register that i clicked on what is supposed to be a button.
      3 my computer hates store bought DVDs but enjoys the homemade ones. before my computer got all screwed up i had totem movie player and it would play my DVDs just fine, now the computer will recognize the DVD but it doesn't want to play the DVD at all.
      both times before and after my computer crashed i had totem, before the crash it loved DVDs but after the crash it seems to have a personal vendetta against all things with a copyright.
      4 the clock is always in military time. I'm not in the military and i don't plan to be but when ever i try to change the clock in the settings it says i have to be in root (there is no user name on my computer named root to my knowledge anyway)
      5 how do i set up a second user? there is no place to do it and the internet does not seem to have any answers for this problem.
      6 the KDE team need to realize that not everyone uses terminal for everyday tasks on the computer, we are not all in the military and its not going to kill anything to be able to change more then just the background.

Comment

Re: Java plugin error in Firefox

Tru Infini,

First of all, have you installed kubuntu-restricted-extras? You can find it by typing this in the Adept manager.

The default video player is Kaffeine, try this one. If you have the same problems then go to the website www.medibuntu.org. It has an extra repository, follow the instructions to install that one.

Adding an extra user is easy. Go to system settings, and click on "user management" (or whatever it is called in english). Here you can add a new user.

What do you mean that the clock is in military time? Do you mean the 24-hour system? If so, there are actually countries in this world that use the 24h system. Only problem is that many Americans think that the standards of their country apply to the rest of the world...But please be so kind to say what you mean with "military time" (for all I know you could be in a different country, say, India, in which case I sincerely apologize ).

So for your convenience, everything what I have written can be done via the graphical interface. The instructions from Medibuntu are so carefully written down that doing it via the commandline is easy.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X