This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot symlink in ktorrent

Recently i bought a 500GB external USB hard drive. I've tried to copy all the folders i use in ktorrent for complete downloads, incomplete downloads and a torrent directory where i save my torrents. For the incomplete directory, when i try to copy the files from my old hard drive to my new external drive a get an error that it cannoti create symlink. There are obviously some link files in the old folder, but cannot copy them to the new drive. It says that i should check permissions, but i've already set the new folders to be modified by everyone. What is going on?

Re: Cannot symlink in ktorrent

It is FAT32. Should i format it NTFS?

Comment

I tried to format the disc in ntfs, but i have other problems including automounting etc. So i reversed back to fat32, but still cannot download anything to my hard drive from ktorrent, since it refuses to make links on the disk. I'm referring to the temporary files (link type) that ktorrent creates for each download (folders with name tor1, tor2 etc). Any ideas?

Comment

Any suggestions then? Should i format it in ext3? But then it won't be recognized by other OS.

Comment

I could have helped you further, but I have recently discovered that this forum's moderators CENSOR anything that is not within strict, orthodox, narrow rules.

No jokes. No fun. No observations.

So, no more help from me sir.

And I have now deleted all of my posts here, since there is no free speech and my contributions are not valued.

Comment

Working...
          X