This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing panel

I'm having a strange problem with my panel. Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything specific to my problem.
    I like a very tidy desktop, free of as much clutter as possible so I've put my panel on auto-hide after two seconds. Now, it's usually fine - if I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen it reappears as it should. However, occasionally this is not the case. It refuses to come back up. And since I can't get into the "panel configuration" without it being visible, I have to reboot my computer. When my desktop loads up the panel reappears briefly before auto-hiding again where I can't get it, so I have to quickly right-click it and turn auto-hide off. When I turn it on again it works as it should (for a while anyway).
    I've been using Hardy for a few months now, and the problem has only just started happening today. The only major thing that's different on my computer is that I'm using multiple desktops - I didn't have much need for them before so I had them deactivated. Don't know why this should make a difference, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

[edit]
    Oh yeah. Still using KDE 3.whatever-the-old-one-was
    [/edit]

Re: Disappearing panel

On the panel config "Hiding" tab, there is a setting for where your mouse will activate the panel. It can be set to any whole side or any of the corners.

It sounds like yours might be set to the bottom near a corner.

Give that a check, maybe it's something simple like this.
    Tweak it 'til it breaks, then learn how to fix it!  LIFE

Comment

Working...
    X