This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screenkast

Hi, I installed screenkast recently but don't seem to be able to get to grips with this vncserver business. It says localhost and screen 1 and refuses to work

Any advice, help would be much appreciated!
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Re: screenkast

Nope, sorry mate. I use nomachinenx for that kind of stuff Why, what are your settings? They should be fairly generic, shouldn't they.
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I didn't mean to be ungrateful, but thought you had a working vnc server and assumed that I could just enter the same values...

Anway, I found a decent vnc howto here: http://skullbox.net/vncserver.php which I will follow as soon as I find the time.

Comment

I am sure your notes would be much appreciated, not only by me.

However, to get back to the subject of the thread - screenkast requires a vnc server. I want to make vids of my desktop and for that I need all this garb.

The nomachinenx stuff is bye the bye and works a treat - but I'd like to know how you set up your stuff anyway (although it is completely off topic )

Comment

Working...
        X