This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove Panel from KDE4 desktop?

Hello, maybe it is an old and boring question, but I need the right answer- how to remove Panel from Kubuntu 8.04 KDE4 desktop?
    Thank you.

Re: How to remove Panel from KDE4 desktop?

You should just be able to right click on an empty part of the panel and choose Remove Panel. In beta1 you can also click the little cashew button on the far side of the panel to get similar options.

Comment

I can only choose from: Task Manager settings, Panel Settings, Add Widgets and Remove this Task Manager. I suppose i can not find right place to click the mouse on the Panel Please advise

Comment

I had a problem that was almost entirely unrelated, but the solution can be applied to this!

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3095318.0

I have an entry for the panel that looks like this:

Code:
        [Containments][2]
        formfactor=2
        geometry=1280,969,1440,55
        location=4
        locked=false
        plugin=panel
        screen=0
        size=48
        transform=1,0,0,0,1,0,0,-1154,1
        I wouldn't recommend deleting that...but you could easily comment it out by preceding each line with a # symbol.

I confirmed on my own computer that commenting out those lines in ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc will prevent the panel, and any applets / plasmoids added to the panel, from loading when you login to KDE4.

Comment

Thanks for your advise, but for the moment I guess I will wait for KDE4.1. I really would want to forget which lines and where were commented out) Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X