X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser for Kubuntu 8.04 - 3.5.9...

Hi,

i have Kubuntu 8.04 - 3.5.9 and konqueror is my default browser, its a great browser but i cant play games online with him... because java...

firefox, no thanks, always ofline...!!!!!!!!!!!!

my question is:

browsers like "firefox" for kubuntu 8.04 3.5.9, but work online

Thanks...

(sorry my bad English)

Luis<br />***************** Kubuntu 8.04 - 3.5.9 ******************<br /> [AMD K8 [Athlon64/Opteron]&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [Geforce F7100 GS]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [Modem Huawei Usb e-220]

Re: Browser for Kubuntu 8.04 - 3.5.9...

You could always install java and then just stick with konqueror. Just run the following in the command line
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-fonts
    (or you could use adept to install those three packages)

Also what do you mean by firefox is always offline?

Comment

I do sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-fonts but Konqueror dont open games needs Java.

well, the firefox 3.5b always in mode offline!!

Luis<br />***************** Kubuntu 8.04 - 3.5.9 ******************<br /> [AMD K8 [Athlon64/Opteron]&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [Geforce F7100 GS]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [Modem Huawei Usb e-220]

Comment

Originally posted by I_M_L_F
        You can always turn it "online" by unchecking "File" --> "Work Offline."

My Firefox 3 Beta 5 is always online.
        Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
        Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

Originally posted by daihard
          You can always turn it "online" by unchecking "File" --> "Work Offline."

My Firefox 3 Beta 5 is always online.
          may be you do something to turn your browser always online and you dont remember now how to!
          if you work with firefox 3.5b it always open with offline Mode, when you turn it online by unchecking "File"-»Work Offline the page you are see its enable, but if you work with two,3,4 or more pages in firefox 3.5b you will see the dificulty !

I now its a Beta version!

Comment

may be you do something to turn your browser always online and you dont remember now how to!
            if you work with firefox 3.5b it always open with offline Mode, when you turn it online by unchecking "File"-»Work Offline the page you are see its enable, but if you work with two,3,4 or more pages in firefox 3.5b you will see the dificulty !
            I have been using Firefox since it was called Phoenix 0.4 (circa 2002). As long as I recall, no version of Firefox has ever defaulted to the offline mode.

You can also try RC1. It is available through the Ubuntu repo now.

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS

Comment

I download and try Firefox Rc1 but is the some problem!

My be, something wrong in my sistem...

Comment

this is a firefox problem, go to google and search for: firefox always offline.

Comment

this is a firefox problem, go to google and search for: firefox always offline.
                  You mean this link?

It simply means there is one other person who's having the same problem as you. I do hope you'll find a solution, but to conclude this is a Firefox problem is, IMO, a bit of a stretch.

Have you tried this workaround?

Find "browser.offline-apps.notify" in the "about:config" method and set it to false to see if that does anything.
                  ... quoted from this thread.

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS

Comment

Working...
                  X