X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deinterlacing DV videos

Hello,
    I have a dv camcorder. I don't like making DVDs out of my movies, so I would like to store them on the PC and watch the clips there. I would need two things though:
    1) a decent compression. I'm not really low on HD space but the original DV size is too big. I would like to keep the original resolution though.
    2) I need to deinterlace the videos. I've noticed that the deinterlace filter that comes with Kaffeine (I think it's called "Greedy2Frame") gives good results at the top settings (it provides fully-deinterlaced, non-noisy, non-choppy video). But I would like to permanently apply the deinterlacing to the clips, while compressing them.

Any tips on how I should do that? I tried Kino in the past (with Feisty) but I remember its deinterlacing wasn't really good... And I've tried googling around but only found very outdated, or not pertinent, results...

Thanks in advance
    Cristian

Re: Deinterlacing DV videos

if you're low on HDD space, i highly, highly recommend using theora for video & ogg for audio. there are programs in the repo specifically for encoding this combination. (known as ogg media {.ogm or .ogg file extension})
    you could try an mplayer-based player like smplayer which allows one to choose from many deinterlace methods, iirc. you could also use ffmpeg for encoding, it has many different deinterlacing options as well.
    <br />

Comment

Working...
    X