This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmix volume icon on startup

My kmix volume icon no longer gets added to the system tray when KDE starts.
    In order to get it to appear, I must run kmix, go to settings, configure kmix, then hit Apply (the "enable system tray volume control" checkbox remains checked as if it should start with KDE, but it does not).

How can I get this to start up normally?

Thanks!

Re: kmix volume icon on startup

Originally posted by Boscolio
    My kmix volume icon no longer gets added to the system tray when KDE starts.
    In order to get it to appear, I must run kmix, go to settings, configure kmix, then hit Apply (the "enable system tray volume control" checkbox remains checked as if it should start with KDE, but it does not).

How can I get this to start up normally?
    You can create a desktop shortcut for KMix and copy it to your ~/.kde/Autostart directory. That's exactly what I did to launch KMix at KDE startup.

To create a desktop shortcut, right-click on the open desktop area and choose "Create New" --> "Link to Application..." It will create a blank shortcut. Raname it to something like "KMix" under the General tab, and set the command to "kmix" under the Application tab. Click OK to save it, and copy (or move) it to the above directory.

Log out and log back in in order to see the effect...
    Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
    Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

You could also open ~/.kde/Autostart directory in your file manager, go to the Kmix entry in your Menu under Multimedia and drag the icon to the directory opened in file manager.

You will be offered the options "Copy Here" and "Link Here"; select "Link Here" and you should be good to go the next time you reboot.
      The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Comment

Originally posted by BeepBeep
        You could also open ~/.kde/Autostart directory in your file manager, go to the Kmix entry in your Menu under Multimedia and drag the icon to the directory opened in file manager.

You will be offered the options "Copy Here" and "Link Here"; select "Link Here" and you should be good to go the next time you reboot.
        Ah, now that's a lot easier than my method. Thanks for the additional info!

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS

Comment

Originally posted by daihard
          Ah, now that's a lot easier than my method. Thanks for the additional info!
          Your welcome.
          Regards!
          The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Comment

I can see some people are putting a [SOLVED] or *Solved* tag in their subject when the problem is solved. Why is this tag so rare?

How to tag:
            The author of the thread, must modify the first message by manually editing the subject title.

Of course.. I don't know if the author of this thread is satisfied with the answer ;-)

I think the [SOLVED] tag in the subject title would make the forum system more efficient for helping people who need help.

To all thread authors, consider using this tag. You can always start a new thread being more specific about an unanswered question, which rarely is the same as the original subject title.

Kubuntu 4 the win.
            Check out my Ⓥegan youtube channel PlantSugar
            CV and gallery at grn.dk
            Please add [SOLVED] to topic subject when topic is solved.

Comment

Originally posted by gnowak
              I can see some people are putting a [SOLVED] or *Solved* tag in their subject when the problem is solved. Why is this tag so rare?

I think the [SOLVED] tag in the subject title would make the forum system more efficient for helping people who need help.
              I totally agree with you. I try to do that with my own threads.

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS

Comment

Working...
              X