This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox crashing

Anyone know where I look to find logfiles or some kind of extra information about why this is happening? I think it has something to do with flash as it crashes when I'm on sites with a lot of flash on them. I just installed this version of hardy today, and just installed flash today.

Re: Firefox crashing

Sorry for the delayed response. I have two suggestions, both of which are standard debugging techniques and not specific to your problem or Firefox.

(1) start a konsole: (K > System > konsole). Then enter the command
    Code:
    firefox %u
    If you're extremely lucky, you will see an error message which you can post here. If not, go IMMEDIATELY to step 2.

(2) In Konqueror, or Dolphin(if you must) open the directory /var/log/. In Konq, set "detailed list" view mode. Sort the list of log files by the "modified" column (newest at the top). If the newest file has been changed in the last few minutes (when you tried to start Firefox), you may see a message relating to your problem. If so, post it here.

Comment

Re: Firefox crashing

kubuntu 8.04 (if that is what you have) comes with firefox-3, this is not a stable version yet
      you shuld remove it and install firefox-2

here is a full guide for how to do this correctly:

http://scripts-net.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=82#p95

Comment

Working...
      X