X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hundreds and Hundreds of Ksnapshots Invade the Desktop

Greetings all.

I hope someone else here can help me with this problem:

Whenever I start my computer, ksnapshot opens unsolicitedly by itself and takes over the entire desktop, going into an unbreakable loop opening one ksnapshot window after the other.

I have tried xkill from the terminal, but IF and WHEN it gets around to do anything (the computer is very slow as you can imagine) it returns a message saying it cannot take control of the process.

I have tried removing ksnapshot but neither adept nor apt-get remove can remove ksnapshot.

I have rebooted a number of times. I have changed my keyboard (not a stuck key). I have reformatted and installed KDE4 and removed KDE3 entirely (but KDE4 installs without a taskbar so that's useless to me) so I re-installed KDE3 again after reformatting the boot partition (my data is on a different partition) and the problem is still there...

I've been working on KDE3 Hardy for about a month without problems when it started, so I don't think that's the problem. I was trying to rip an audio cd when the problem began and now K3B is also on the blink. Could the notice (seen only after the fact) on the Sony CD "Will not play on a pc/mac" have anything to do with this?

I'm at a loss, what should I try next?

Thanks
    Gwaap

Re: Hundreds and Hundreds of Ksnapshots Invade the Desktop

I just had a similar problem with ksnapshot, see here

In your case, I assume you can get a konsole running. type

Code:
    killall ksnapshot
    This will kill every instance of ksnapshot. Though if like me you have thousands spawning, it may take some time.

Another option would be to log in via the console and manually edit (or delete) the session details, though this would depend on how well you know the system.

I agree this is a problem and ksnapshot should be limited to one or two instances.

Comment

bizar..
      Greetings from Groningen Netherlands

Comment

Thank you.

Killall worked to get rid of it - at least for now... Lets see if it will stay away on reboot.

Comment

Working...
        X