Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to edit the KDE System Menu (Home | Storage media | Remote Places, etc.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to edit the KDE System Menu (Home | Storage media | Remote Places, etc.)

Is there a way to edit the menu of locations that comes up with the KDE System icon, I mean the menu with Home Folder | Storage Media | Remote Places | etc.? It doesn't seem to be accessible via the KDE Menu Editor - or maybe I haven't figured it out yet. I'd like to change the "Documents Folder" item at the top to something else (both the title and the link).

BTW, I never asked Hardy to create subfolders "Documents", "Music", "Video" etc. in my home directory. I deleted them, and after the last online update, they're back! Is there a way to keep them from being recreated?

Re: How to edit the KDE System Menu (Home | Storage media | Remote Places, etc.)

Is there a way to edit the menu of locations that comes up with the KDE System icon, I mean the menu with Home Folder | Storage Media | Remote Places | etc.?
    > Topic: SOLVED applet system menu

BTW, I never asked Hardy to create subfolders "Documents", "Music", "Video" etc. in my home directory. I deleted them, and after the last online update, they're back! Is there a way to keep them from being recreated?
    > XDG Home Dirs
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: How to edit the KDE System Menu (Home | Storage media | Remote Places, etc.)

Thanks for the pointers to those two posts. I just made the mods and I'm about to restart X to make them effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131
        > XDG Home Dirs
        I may be missing something, but changing the "Document path" from within KDE Control Center does not work. I need to edit ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs manually to change that particular path. Perhaps KDE stores the path information somewhere inside its profile (~/.kde)? In any case, it seems like a bug.
        Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
        Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

Working...
        X