This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Synaptic

I just installed Kubuntu 8.04 yesterday. I am looking for a way to install Synaptic Package Manager. Documentation on installing Clamav points to using that package manager as a first step in installing the anti-virus program. Any other methods of getting Clamav installed would be appreciated. It is downloaded in *.tar.gz format.

Thanks,
    theAdmiral

Re: Installing Synaptic

You already have the Adept package manager installed. Open up Adept and search for "clam". ClamAV is available, as well as many tools to use with it.

Comment

"clam" doesn't show any results for that search.

Comment

K Menu > System > Adept Manager > Adept > Manage Repositories > Third-Party Software

Ensure that the cdrom repository is not checked. If it is, uncheck it. Click Close and Fetch Updates and then search again for clamav
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I am looking for a way to install Synaptic Package Manager.
          In the konsole:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get install synaptic

More: FAQ: Package Managers
          Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
          1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
          2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Originally posted by theAdmiral
            I just installed Kubuntu 8.04 yesterday. I am looking for a way to install Synaptic Package Manager. Documentation on installing Clamav points to using that package manager as a first step in installing the anti-virus program. Any other methods of getting Clamav installed would be appreciated. It is downloaded in *.tar.gz format.
            To install and use ClamAV easily on Hardy, I would suggest that you install "klamav" through Adept. KlamAV is a KDE frontend to ClamAV. Adept will install everything it needs, including ClamAV and Synaptec, for you. Believe me, I just did it yesterday.

KlamAV is very easy to use. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with all the command-line options for ClamAV.
            Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
            Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

thank you, that helped.

Comment

Working...
              X