X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.0.4 and KDE3

Hi,
    Does anyone know when we will be able to upgrade to kde404 from the current kde4, its listed as an unsupported repo at the moment. Is it safe to try it anyway?

Also i have a machine running KDE4 ( installed KDE4 fresh ) is it possibble to go back to KDE3 on it and if so how?
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: KDE 4.0.4 and KDE3

yes, kde 4.0.4 is safe to try. upgrade instructions are here:
    http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-4.0.4.php

you can't downgrade from kde4 to kde3, but you can install it alongside kde4. just install the kde3 packages you want from your package manager.
    <br />

Comment

Okay i just enabled the unsupported updates and got my Kde 4.0.4. Now when i boot up sometimes it fine, other times it takes agaes to load up and all the windows are impossible to move around ( cant see a title bar ).
      have i screwed up my kde4 is there anyway to go back?
      Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

You haven't lost kde3, you can logout and choose kde3 from the login window. But I imagine someone here can tell you how to get your window decorations back in kde4.

Comment

No, i never had KDE3 ever, just KDE4. At the moment when turn on my laptop and KDE comes up, there is only 1 virtual desktop ( should be two ) and that little gear icon just bounces for 1min+ while nothing happens and then if i open a window the taskbar is missing so i cant move the window using the mouse. But if i shut down and reboot then it works like normal ( two virtual desktops, <<1min to get dsktop up and running and window are fine )

Is it time to abandon KDE4 and go back to rock solid 359 ( once again that would mean a fresh install for me )

Comment

i don't know what to tell you, kde4 is rock solid for me. 4.1 will have most of 3's features back.
            <br />

Comment

Working...
            X