This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3B stops working while burning ISOs

I've wasted a bunch of disks trying to get this to work and it's totally pissing me off. I put in a dvd-r, select an image to burn, and no matter what options I select (speed, data verification etc.) It never stops up after it finishes when it gets to the point where it says Updating RMA. Overall progress is at 100%, the elapsed timer continues chugging away, and the light on the burner continues to be on indefinitely. When I cancel, K3B freezes up and the burner's light is still on. I have to cancel the process from the command line. Then if I'm lucky, the light will go off on the dvd burner after about five minutes and I'll be able to remove my new useless coaster.

Re: K3B stops working while burning ISOs

Just checked and I also get the same behavior when I use alternate burning applications like brasero.

Also, I get this not only when burning ISOs apparently. When burning data on a cd instead, I get Error fixating disc.
    Code:
    Fixating...
    Errno: 5 (Input/output error), close track/session scsi sendcmd: no error
    CDB: 5B 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 72 03 00 00
    Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
    Sense Code: 0x72 Qual 0x03 (session fixation error - incomplete track in session) Fru 0x0
    Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid) 
    cmd finished after 0.742s timeout 480s
    cmd finished after 0.742s timeout 480s
    /usr/bin/wodim: Cannot fixate disk.
    Fixating time:  0.809s
    /usr/bin/wodim: fifo had 3822 puts and 3822 gets.
    /usr/bin/wodim: fifo was 0 times empty and 1759 times full, min fill was 97%.

Comment

KDE 3.5.9 or KDE 4?
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

3.5.9. I also found that when I run a DSLinux livecd and load it into RAM and burn a cd from within the livecd session that it burns just fine. So I know it's not the hardware.

Comment

Working...
        X