• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KDE 4.0.4

Comment

Re: KDE 4.0.5

Originally posted by tomp01
      I am able to right click and add icons onto the panel, from the KMenu, so I don't understand that complaint.
      KDE4 Menu or Traditional? I was talking about the traditional KDE3 menu widget under KDE4

Comment

Re: KDE 4.0.4 (Title Amended)

Double checked - yah with the Traditional widget right clicking just launches the app.

Other things:
        • can't move widget's on the panel
        • Logout takes three screens!
          • Click Logout from Menu
          • Your're asked whether you want to logout/reboot/shutdown etc
          • Then a Moon dialog asks the exact same questions!

Also the second logout question is very hard to see at first - menu choices in the KDE4 menu, not at all what I expected.

Comment

Re: KDE 4.0.4 (Title Amended)

Ok, Lancelot looks interesting, again alternate way of doing a menu but I'm open to that so long as it makes life easier - which the KDE4 Menu doesn't (for me anyway).

Raptor - ick! more than the KDE4 kicker Not a fan of the mac bar stuff

I must admit this is the part of KDE4 I was looking fwd to and that's would take me away from KDE3 - the promise of more flexibility and a better code base making it easier to enhance KDE in new ways not thought of.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpaw
            I am able to right click and add icons onto the panel, from the KMenu, so I don't understand that complaint.
            KDE4 Menu or Traditional? I was talking about the traditional KDE3 menu widget under KDE4
            That's why I have both menus on the panel

Comment

Hmmm. Right-clicking in the menu and choosing "Add to panel" just adds it to the desktop (where I don't want it) for me.

Adding any widgets to the panel sticks them on either end of it (depending, I've found, on where the TaskManager widget is), but there's no way to move them from where they get stuck automatically.

I should own up and say that I haven't bothered to check whether these had been reported as bugs, but they're so basic I figured the developers know all about them, and are either fixing them already or are working on more important backend-y things.

Comment

Working...
              X