This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 bit HH >> No YouTube

I have HH on a 64bit AMD machine, x86_64, Release 2.6.24-16-generic, with KDE 3.5.9 and have tried about everything noted on this forum except running the 32 bit version. Neither Firefox 3.ob5 nor Konqueror allows YouTube however with Gnash enabled, the youtube video screen is present (with Gnash disabled, youtube says I have JS turned off or an older version of Adobe flash player.

I have gnash, gnash-common, gnash-cygnal, gnash-tools, Konqueror-plugin-gnash and mozill-plugin-gnash installed. This is Gnash 0.8.2.

In Firefox, I have Enable Java checked and Enable JavaScript checked.

I have installed Kubuntu-restricted-extras. I also have sun-java6-jre, sun-java6-bin, and openjdk-6-jre installed.

This is loaded on a machine with NVIDIA chips.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I want to use the GIMP tutorials on Youtube.

Ray

Re: 64 bit HH >> No YouTube

Adobe don't seem to make a 64-bit version of the flash player. I don't know if the 32 bit version will work.

As for how to install it - well this is annoying. If you have no flash player enabled, firefox will give you the option to install flash when you load a page with a flash object. BUT, most pages will detect no flash using javascript, and refuse to display the object at all. So you need to find a site that doesn't have that behaviour. You may also need to install flashplugin-nonfree.
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Re: 64 bit HH >> No YouTube

It is working! I went to http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683 and followed the instructions for HH 64 bit and now we have a working machine! So as you suggest, the 32 bit flash player works.

Thanks for your help,

Ray

Comment

Working...
      X