This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

move windows across desktops

I am using Hardy with Desktop Effects enabled.

Without any effects enabled, if I want a particular window to be placed in a different desktop all I had to do was drag the window name on taskbar into a different desktop number on the pager. However, with desktop effects enabled that does not work. How do I move windows from one desktop to another?

Re: move windows across desktops

I believe one way is to right click on the taskbar entry or on the titlebar of the app and select "Send to Desktop" and choose the desktop number. That might not be as smooth as dragging it to the panel, but it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
      I believe one way is to right click on the taskbar entry or on the titlebar of the app and select "Send to Desktop" and choose the desktop number. That might not be as smooth as dragging it to the panel, but it should work.
      but there is no such option! not on the titlebar (as shown) or on the taskbar entry.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, that must be a kde4 addition.

Comment

Okay, here's another thing you can try. In kde4 you can go to the little pager and click on a little square or rectangle which represents the program you want to move and drag it onto one of the other desktop numbers directly.

Comment

I don't have such an option either on kde 3 with compiz.
            I can drag a non-maximized window to another desktop though by dragging it's titlebar, together with the cube rotating and wobbly windows enabled this is a funny sight.
            Greetings from Groningen Netherlands

Comment

Working...
            X