X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox 3b text input field nearly invisible

Hi everyone,

this is actually a quite minor issue but it really drives me crazy. Since upgrading to Hardy, which gave me the Firefox 3 Beta (which I like), all text input fields are indicated only by one small limiting line at the right and one at the bottom, which makes them really hard to see. Take a look at this screenshot:

I've looked at several forums but no one seems to have the same problem. I have no themes installed. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jan

Re: Firefox 3b text input field nearly invisible

Does the problem go away if you install a theme?

Comment

Sorry, I should have mentioned this.

No - I tried a couple of themes, but concerning this problem it did not make any difference.

Comment

In case anybody is interested in the solution:

The problem was the GTK/KDE themes rather than the firefox theme.

Since version 3, firefox is using the native GTK theme. KDE here was configured to apply the current KDE style to GTK applications. Changing this setting and explicitly selecting a GTK style solved the problem, at least for most styles in the list.

Additionally, something probably went wrong when updating from gutsy to hardy considering my KDE styles. After the update, the KDE control panel claimed I was using the style "B3/KDE", but actually my controls did not look like this. Changing the style to Plastik also solved the above problem.

Comment

Working...
        X