This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtualbox and CPU Temperature

Has anyone using virtualbox to run Win-XP found the CPU temperature rising by almost 10 degrees Celsius when virtualbox is running?

I have repeatedly tested it and found the temperature rise always occurring even though nothing other than XP is running under VB.

Any help would be appreciated as I am forced top run XP under VB for some very important work related programs which have no equivalent under Linux.

Wine is not an option as the graphics in the SW does not run as supposed to unlike in VB.
    The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Re: Virtualbox and CPU Temperature

Mine fluctuates between 5-10 degrees warmer. But I notice that my cpu usage is rather high when using win xp in virtual box, also. I figure they're related. I doubt there's much you can do about it.

Comment

I've been using VB with XP for over a month now and I do notice a slight increase, but nothing major even when I'm running SolidWorks within XP. How much RAM do you have dedicated to your VB?
      Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It&#39;s what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Same here, but nothing that seems out of the ordinary.

Comment

Running the big database in my Win XP VM will cause a few degrees C increase, but mine is already rather warm due to overclocking.

Comment

I have 300MB dedicated to VB and another 128MB for video. Average CPU temp increase is around 10-12 degrees Celsius,

It is slightly higher by around a further 2-4 degrees when running GoogleTalk in XP.
            The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Comment

Working...
            X