This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't print after upgrading to Hardy Heron 8.04

> Everything was working fine until I "upgraded" to Hardy Heron. I tried following the instructions to upgrade via the alternate CD, but it wouldn't even start. I upgraded via download, which took forever and crashed in the middle, so I had to go to console to finish. Now most things are working fine, except the Firefox icons keep disappearing (it just shows the generic page icon instead of the Firefox one) and I can't print. Everything *acts* like it's printing, and I don't get any errors, but the printer doesn't do anything. All of the dialogs and info boxes come up, and the spooler shows the job and everything, but nothing actually happens. It prints fine from Windows. Grrr!!! >
    Asus EeePC 1000HE WinXP+Kubuntu 9.10-&gt;looking very hard at 9.04<br />Self-built AMD Sempron 2.4GHz Kubuntu 9.10<br />Self-built Via Epia Nehemiah M10000 WinXP+Kubuntu 9.10-&gt;reverted to 9.04<br />Using Kubuntu since 7.04, Ubuntu since 6.09

Re: Can't print after upgrading to Hardy Heron 8.04

After upgrading to 8.04 I was also unable to print and my Firefox icon also disappeared.

I fixed the printing problem by deleting my printer from within the System Settings and re-adding it.

The Firefox icon problem is probably due to 8.04 containing a Firefox beta. It'll probably get fixed in a coming update.

Comment

Re: Can't print after upgrading to Hardy Heron 8.04

I managed to fix the Firefox icons by manually changing the icons. They seem to be sticking now.
      As for the printer, it's working now, but it was a long, involved process in the console because my printer isn't one of the ones in the included driver list and the driver files have to be converted from rpm to deb, among other things. Once I uninstalled the printer in the System Settings I didn't have any choice. > I was hoping to avoid that, but at least I'm back in business.
      Asus EeePC 1000HE WinXP+Kubuntu 9.10-&gt;looking very hard at 9.04<br />Self-built AMD Sempron 2.4GHz Kubuntu 9.10<br />Self-built Via Epia Nehemiah M10000 WinXP+Kubuntu 9.10-&gt;reverted to 9.04<br />Using Kubuntu since 7.04, Ubuntu since 6.09

Comment

Working...
      X