This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu login screen not configurable - SOLVED

I'm running 8.04 with KDE3.5, but this problem has existed in previous versions of Kubuntu - just never got around to caring before!

Essentially, if I open KControlCenter, and go to System Administration --> Login Manager, and get su access, I can play with the settings for the login screen. OK. BUT these settings don't seem to relate at all to what is actually seen at the login screen, e.g. the login manager has a "Welcome to Kubuntu" greeting set, which isn't displayed anywhere on the login screen. (And never has been...)

Altering these settings, under any of the tabs (Appearance, Font...Convenience), has no effect either. It *does* seem to be writing the settings to /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc , but those aren't getting any further. Not after restarting X, not after a reboot, nuffin.

Am I missing something? Does Kubuntu read from some other file as well/instead? I've searched these forums but couldn't find anything relevant!

Re: Kubuntu login screen not configurable

You just have to add the following line to the [X-*-Greeter] section of your /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc.

Code:
    UseTheme=false
    If you already have the line that says "UseTheme=", then make sure the value is set to "false" as shown above.

Restart your computer, and you shoud be good to go. (Theoretically, you only have to restart X, but that hasn't worked for me.)
    Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
    Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

Re: Kubuntu login screen not configurable

Solved! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X