X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Korganizer Reminders

Dear all,

I've just recently upgraded to Hardy 3.5.9 and was very pleased to see the new reminders dialog box - much better than having lots of windows for each separate event.

However, whenever I log off / shutdown, it seems to automatically dismiss the reminders, and they never re-appear!

This is annoying as I always leave reminders until I've actually done something about the event, so now I'm forgetting things! Is this a bug, or is there some way of configuring it that I've missed?

Thanks,

Cabbage.

Re: Korganizer Reminders

In KMail, is Settings > Configure Kontact > Summary View > Appointment and To-Do Overview > To-dos > Show all to-dos checked?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hello,

Like Cabbage, I've recently upgraded and noticed the same korganizer reminder problem. It's driving me crazy as I used to rely on that working in an older version of KDE, 3.4.something, where it used to work (of course the new reminder dialog box is much better than the old individual windows though),

Based on Snowhog's suggestion, I checked that setting. My Show all to-dos was not checked. So I tried checking it. Same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Q.R.

Comment

Since making the change, have you restarted your system? Some changes don't take effect until a system restart.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Unfortunately, yes, I have logged out and shutdown/restarted since making the change.

It only seems to take a logout/login for it to forget the suspended reminders. As long as I stay logged in, I can suspend a reminder over and over, and it comes up again when it should. But if I logout and login, even without shutting down, the suspended reminders never show up again.

Thanks.

Q.R.

Comment

Working...
          X