This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Konqueror Opens On Startup

Hey, I'm a new Kubuntu/KDE user. I'm having a strange problem with Konqueror popping up as KDE starts up. I've no idea why. There is nothing in ~/.kde/Autostart/ to cause it to happen.

I disabled "Preload instance after KDE starts up" from the performance tab, thinking it might be some bizarre bug in that feature, but it still does it.

I don't think it happened when I first started using Kubuntu a day or so ago, but I am not sure when it started. It might have been when I tried to suspend the machine to disk and had Konqueror open at the time, and now for some reason it keeps opening Konqueror at start up. If that's how it started it's mildly worrysome cus I've no idea what other services were running at the time and are now starting up when KDE is loaded. :/

But I don't really know if that was what caused it or not. It'd be a pretty bizarre bug if it was.

I've done a rudimentary search for the problem and didn't come up with anything, so hopefully this isn't a common problem I missed a solution for or even embarrassingly somehow some kind of "feature" that is easily disabled. Thanks for your support in any case.

Re: Konqueror Opens On Startup

Do you have 'System settings - Advanced - Session manager - On login' set to restore sessions?
    Greetings from Groningen Netherlands

Comment

Re: Konqueror Opens On Startup

Oh, gosh, heh, yeah, and it's been opening Konqueror to my homepage each time cus I haven't been logging out properly x.x

Although it still messes up sometimes with the feature turned on; my Power Management and Network Management in the tray will suddenly turn into tiny windows (which happens sometimes when I close the lid and turn the display off or suspend, too) or some programs will fail to start, or Compiz will fail to start that's in my Autostart. I don't really need the feature though so I guess I'll turn it off. Thanks a lot. Hehe. ^.^;

Comment

Working...
      X