This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compiz - can it make windows translucent [SOLVED]

can compiz make windows translucent like kde can through the translucency/shadow menu? what i mean is e.g. rendering inactive windows translucent while the active one is not. unfortunately activating compiz means having to disable the kde translucency feature, which is really nice.

Re: compiz - can it make windows translucent

I haven't used it, but I just checked and under "Accessibility" in the compiz config settings manager is an item called "Opacify Windows" which appears to do something like you are describing -- it says "Make windows easily visible by hovering the mouse over them".

Comment

unfortunately not what i am looking for, it doesn't fade in and out between active and inactive windows but fades out when you move the mouse away from a window. i found an add helper under accessibility which should make all windows except the active one translucent, but it hasn't worked so far.

Comment

Found the solution: ADD helper plug-in needs to be activated with the default key combination, then it works perfectly. Under "misc options" - "window types" you will want to put something like "(any) & class=!type=menu & class=!type=Kicker" to include any windows but the KDE menu and kicker panel in the translucency feature.

Also, you can adjust MOVE window plug-in options (under uncategorised at the bottom) to adjust the translucency of window when they are moved). Works well! Of course there aren't any options such as speed of translucency blending in and out etc...

Comment

Glad you found the solution to your question. Would you return to your first post and click the Modify button and add SOLVED to the subject line?

Welcome to the Kubuntu Forums.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X