This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing fonts used by ksensors

I installed a new theme and either through that or something else I did the fonts used by ksensors in the kicker panel changed, not to my liking. Does anyone know how to change them? Funnily enough the fonts set under "appearance" are still at default (Sans Serif 9).

Re: Changing fonts used by ksensors

Solution: get rid of ksensors and use kima instead which allows you to specify font options!

Comment

Only downside is Kima does not allow you to set an alarm which is important if monitoring something like CPU temperature or CPU Fan speed.
      The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Comment

True but I am running a little script that automatically lowers my cpu frequency when the temps reach a defined level .

Comment

Originally posted by azenz
          True but I am running a little script that automatically lowers my cpu frequency when the temps reach a defined level .
          Hmm! would you care to share it? I prefer Kima as I also used it in another distrro before I switched to Kubuntu.

Really would appreciate it.

Thanks!
          The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason .....Benjamin Franklin<br />Kubuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Xbuntu 9.10 x64&nbsp; Win7 x64 Ultimate<br />Linux User: 416878&nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu User: 22154

Comment

Certainly, the script is not very fancy at all and there might be a better way, but it works. You need to adjust the values at the beginning to suit your system.

The script is for QUAD core systems so if you have a dual core then uncomment the lines that start with temp2, temp3, /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/... and /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/.... It will only work on hardware that can read core temperature (e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or Quad 2 Duo). But on other systems it might still work if you change the /sys/devices/system/cpu/ path to where your system stores the CPU min/max frequencies. The script reduces the maximum possible cpu frequency by making Linux think that your CPU cannot be run faster than whatever is stored under...scaling_max_freq, a value that is read from hardware at boot, and which the script dynamically changes depending on the current temperature.

Remove the "#" from the echo... lines to test the script by enabling output (whether it reads the temperature correctly and whether it adjusts the frequency correctly).

Let me know if there are suggestions or comments!

------------------
            #!/bin/bash

# interval time
            t3="10"
            # maximum average temperature before cpu frequency is reduced
            temp_max="62"
            # random variables to keep the script run indefinitely
            count2="0"
            counttemp="22"
            # minimum frequency of your cpu in herz (change this to what you find in your /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq file)
            mintemp="2052000"
            # minimum frequency of your cpu in herz (change this to what you find in your /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq file)
            maxtemp="3078000"

while [ "$count2" != "$counttemp" ]
            do
            # read core temps
            temp0=`cat /sys/devices/platform/coretemp.0/temp1_input`
            temp1=`cat /sys/devices/platform/coretemp.1/temp1_input`
            temp2=`cat /sys/devices/platform/coretemp.2/temp1_input`
            temp3=`cat /sys/devices/platform/coretemp.3/temp1_input`

# calculate average temperature in celsius
            temp_avg=$(expr $temp0 + $temp1 + $temp2 + $temp3)
            temp_avg=$(expr $temp_avg / "4000")
            # echo $temp_avg

if [ "$temp_avg" -gt $temp_max ]
            then
            echo $mintemp > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
            echo $mintemp > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
            echo $mintemp > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
            echo $mintemp > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
            #echo "temp 2Ghz"
            else
            echo $maxtemp > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
            echo $maxtemp > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
            echo $maxtemp > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu2/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
            echo $maxtemp > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu3/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
            #echo "temp 3Ghz"
            fi

# wait for $t3 seconds
            sleep $t3

done
            exit 0

Comment

Originally posted by azenz
              Certainly, the script is not very fancy at all and there might be a better way, but it works. You need to adjust the values at the beginning to suit your system.
              Thanks really appreciate it as any day I prefer Kima to most other CPU info programs in Linux.

Regards!

Comment

Working...
              X