Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not able to shutdown my laptop (Hardy + KDE 4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to shutdown my laptop (Hardy + KDE 4)

I am running Hardy + KDE 4.

Here's the actions that I follow to shutdown. I click on logout on the menu plasmoid and then click shutdown. It seems to me that the systems just goes to suspend mode. But does not shutdown.

any help ?
    SuB<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />There are only two things in life that are mandatory. <br />Birth and Death.<br />Everything else is optional. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Not able to shutdown my laptop (Hardy + KDE 4)

Bumping up since no replies
    SuB<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />There are only two things in life that are mandatory. <br />Birth and Death.<br />Everything else is optional. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Re: Not able to shutdown my laptop (Hardy + KDE 4)

I'm not running KDE 4 (not until they've got all the bugs worked out of it!) - still running KDE 3.5.9 on my laptop. I'm triple-booting (Feisty, Gutsy, and Hardy) and I've never had the logout sequence actually power off my PC. It does bring down the running system. Once I see the message "System halted" I know it's safe to press the power button to turn off the laptop.

I know that many say it should do what it says - Turn Off the PC - but on many laptops, it doesn't. I've never let it bother me.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X