This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd Icon problem - Screenshots attached

OK, so I tried to change to a different Icon theme, which worked fine, but now I have a wierd Dolphin issue...when I hover over the forward of back buttons, I get a 'kde start' button icon...snapshot 1 is with the mouse over the 'forward button', snapshot 2 is without the mouse there...how can I get this back to normal? (and yes, I already went back to the default Icon theme...)

Thanks!!!!!
    mm0

edit...I guess it won't let me do 2 attachments (too large), so just take it for granted that if I move the mouse off of the forward button, it returns to normal...
    Attached Files
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Re: Wierd Icon problem - Screenshots attached

bump
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

If this is in KDE4, you could try reinstalling the icon packages (maybe the original back icon got deleted). I'm not sure if this is all of them, but you can try the following in the konsole:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install --reinstall kde-icons-oxygen kdeartwork-theme-icon-kde4 kde-icons-mono

Comment

wow...now everything is screwed up...my kmenu button is no arrows, dolphin icons are screwed up...arghhhhh!!!!!

mm0

Comment

Try the KDE 4.04 update, it fixed some issues I had with (missing) icons ...

Comment

I ran the 4.0.4 update (if you can call it that) and I just noticed that my back and forward buttons in kontact/kmail are different versions... weird stuff indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by muzicman0
              wow...now everything is screwed up...my kmenu button is no arrows, dolphin icons are screwed up...arghhhhh!!!!!
              Damn, that is definitely not the desired effect. :| How about this - try logging into kde3, and let's let kde4 restore default user settings - open a file manager and rename ~/.kde4 to something like .kde4-backup.. Now kde4 will give you default user settings, and that must fix everything to default, if the icons are broken only in your account, not systemwide.

If it's systemwide, I guess reinstalling everything would be too much hassle, so maybe upgrading to 4.0.4 would be easiest - it should (hopefully) overwrite everthing with working values...

Maybe try to reinstall more stuff, like
              Code:
              apt-get install --reinstall kdebase-bin-kde4 kdebase-data-kde4 kdebase-kde4 kdebase-runtime-bin-kde4 kdelibs5 kdelibs5-data
              If all that doesn't work... the last step would be to remove everything kde4 related and purge the configuration files, then reinstall again... something like this could do it
              Code:
              sudo apt-get purge kdelibs5
              that will mark many packages for autoremoval, so maybe
              Code:
              sudo apt-get autoremove --purge
              should do the trick
              you can always check for packages you may have missed with
              Code:
              dpkg -l |grep 4.0.3
              (or 4.0.4 if you installed it)
              and purge them as well
              Then you install all from scratch
              Code:
              sudo apt-get install kubuntu-kde4-desktop
              This should have a high-success rate of fixing system-wide problems... if the broken icons return after this... then we can both start scratching our heads.

Comment

Working...
              X